Monday, May 11, 2009

FYI

Just in case anybody was not aware of this:
I LOVE MY JOB!
(I feel compelled to mention that frequently, because I realize that not so many people are blessed to have a job that they absolutely want to be doing.)
Today I cleaned my room (yes, a small miracle), and had plenty of time to think... a couple times I recalled points in my life where I almost moved away (once during college and once after), and I just thought: Wow, how different my life would be if I had done that! But right now, it's hard to imagine that anything could be better than this... just staying here, in the place I call "home" and pursuing the dreams God has given me, in the simple, everyday opportunities... without necessarily attempting anything grand. (Well, I guess it depends on your definition of grand...)
So yes, back to the point: I love my job because I get to work with poor people, and that is what I've wanted to do for a long time. It's perfect.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Julia,
I love it! We need more testimonies of people loving their jobs, and I'm thankful for your joy! What a perfect fit.