Monday, March 9, 2009

Resurrection

A day or two ago I was telling Jake about how much I am looking forward to Easter - because the holiday always brings me a renewed sense of joy, as well as somewhat of a new perspective on resurrection... I guess resurrection is one of those things that I'm always learning more about. Except, sadly, I don't really think about it that much. That's why the holiday is good for me. Jake & I agreed that we humans need to celebrate things frequently, or else we forget them. Later, I was thinking about celebrating resurrection, and remembered that that is what the Christian church is supposed to be doing every Sunday! Imagine that - Easter, once a week. I should probably keep that in mind more often while I am in weekly worship with my church family.
But of course... it's not Easter yet, and we are still in Lent... a time for learning more about, and in some way participating in, the suffering - the "passion" - of Jesus Christ. So let me not get ahead of myself... before I get to Easter I have to go through Lent. It's been intersting, so far, and I think it will only get more interesting in the next few weeks. I really am thankful for opportunities to better understand Christ's passion... but I won't lie: I've still got my hope set on the resurrection morning.

No comments: